Friday, April 23, 2010

Panoramic



Assignment: Illustrate a map.

This was a very open ended assignment. I chose to map out my entire Monday/Wednesday, which are the days where I spend most of the day at school. My original concept started with me waking up and ended with me going to bed. This concept was obviously too ambitious, so I had to trim the concept down in order for me to complete the project on time. I decided to cut my concept in half and only mapped out from the time I woke up to the time I got home from school. My illustration would have been at least twice the length it is now have I stuck with my original concept! I had to shrink the canvas size to six inches tall in order to keep the file size small, but the illustration would still be around 7 feet long if I decided to print it out. Luckily I didn't have to print it out for my presentation... that would have been expensive, especially for something that might need revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment