Saturday, November 5, 2011

Remember, remember...

Here's some V for Vendetta for today, on the 5th of November. I'm surprised with where this illustration went; It was intended to be a simple black and white illustration, but then I upped the color count to 4 (I was in the mindset of creating a silkscreened illustration) and filled the mask with color, annnd then I painted in the background and ended up using a bunch of low-opacity color overlays and gradients...



This piece reminded me a lot of a project I did about a year ago for my composition class where I used the same process of using low-opacity color layers and whatnot (here's the older piece I'm referring to: endangered-cranes). Even though I deviated so much from my original idea, I'm happy with how this piece turned out. It made me realize that I've been restricting myself too much by thinking in terms of silk screen applications and that I haven't been exploring as much as I should with new techniques outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment