Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sketches and Stuff

I've been trying to get back into the habit of keeping a sketchbook, and so far it's been good! I haven't kept a sketchbook for a couple months now, so I was starting to feel like my work was becoming stagnant due to the lack of new ideas coming in. I had an old 5x8 sketchbook laying around that I stopped drawing in because the inside cover got all messed up, so I picked up where my last page was and started drawing in that. The very first page in the sketchbook was drawn in 2008 and the last page where I left off was done a year later. It's nice to see how far I've progress in my technique, skill, and drawing style. Here are some doodles I recently drew:



Also, my "Oppressors" silkscreen poster was being exhibited at California State University of Northridge's West Gallery! The exhibit goes down today, though.


I'm currently working on a graphite piece. It originally started out as a pencil sketch for me to ink out, but then I kept going into it with more and more pencil until I was no longer interest in inking it out! I'll post it up if it turns out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment